07 November 2006

York continued...

Woke up feeling a bit sorry for myself after a bout of midnight food poisoning (I’m looking at you, coleslaw). Anna went to brekky with some of the girls while I took it easy. After a little while, I roused myself enough for a quick meander through the streets, and a visit to the Jórvík Viking Centre, a theme park/museum built over a major Viking excavation (Jórvík = York, y’all).

Perking up a bit, we drove to Sherwood Forest for a lookee-see, and took photos of the 1,000 year old Major Oak (where Robin Hood supposedly lived). Was nice to get out and have a bit of a bush walk, though the bush is every different over here.

Last but not least we had a groovy afternoon archery session. Anna and I were pretty good, if I say so myself.

A quick shout out to all our York-mates - thanks for making this trip a lot of fun!

No comments: