13 August 2009

August round-up

Yahoo! team offsite

Kew Gardens


Social Saturday - JRA / Wes & Mon

Filmstuff - managed to attend some exciting film events this month. My friend Lovinia from work scored some tickets to a screening of 15 mins of footage from James Cameron's up-coming 3D opus Avatar. I also picked up some tickets for a subsequent screening at the IMAX. This film is going to be awesome, though I still have my doubts about those damned 3D glasses... We also went to a special screening of Kathryn Bigelow's The Hurt Locker, with a Q&A with her and writer Mark Boal. I got copy of Strange Days signed. Last but not least, we saw an interview with Terry Gilliam, and I met him afterwards and gave him a copy of my short film, plus got a signed copy of Brazil. Yay for London!

Regent's Canal - we did a several hours walk from King's Cross, through Camden, alongside Regent's Park and the Zoo, and ending up in "Little Venice", which doesn't really live up to the name I'm afraid!

James and Georgia's wedding

National Portrait Gallery

Guildhall Art Gallery (painting by Millais)

London Amphitheatre

No comments: