27 June 2008

Andalucia - Granada

Thursday - Left ASAP for Granada - though the car got stuck in a very narrow street first. I couldn't put one side up onto the sidewalk, as the curbs are a couple of feet deep. It was pretty much the exact width of our car, so I had little option but to inch forward, with the tyres on both side being squeezed. I'm still amazed none of the tyres blew. Was a pretty horrible experience, but it was the only way out (one way system), and there was no amount of manouvreing that would have made a difference. Tourists were taking photos of us. Nice.

Anyway, pleasant drive through the countryside, though it got a bit long winded at times. I think we were on a motorway circling the city for a half an hour or so. I had a nice big bag of corn snacks to eat in the car - they were shaped like mini cornucopias. Yum yum!

The last of my notes say "Big hot hill walkies - Arab tea and hookah pipe". Though I do remember buying a groovy leather wrist strap at a fine little shop on the side of said "hot hill".

We did also visit the castle, which had great views, and a veritable infestation of swooping, hooping swallows.

No comments: