09 March 2011

Crappy museums

The Red Dot Design Museum is free on the first Saturday of every month, so we went to check it out this weekend. Since it's open to the public, they allow people to set up little merchant stalls, selling homemade products, jewelery and the like, which was a nice touch. The museum had a collection of interesting products from an industrial design or engineering stand point, but was ultimately underwhelming. I did, however, buy an excellent ice cube tray from the shop!

On Sunday, I dragged poor Anna out to the Science Centre Singapore at Jurong East. Ever since I was a child, I've loved these kind of museums and exhibits, but they're somewhat lacking as an adult. It also didn't help that everything that looked like fun was broken, pawed to death by the sticky hands of thousands of kinderfolk.

Still, we did get to see a demonstration of a large Tesla coil arcing through the air, and exploding hydrogen balloons, which I enjoyed. Other interesting items included:

Pangolins! Carefully placed to screw-over the English speaking audience members.

Funny mirrors...
Chicken incubators...
And me as a freaky looking old man...

No comments: