28 March 2007

March round-up

Wow, we've had a very busy March. I'm trying to make a film over the next few months, and I'm aiming quite high. I've teamed up with one of the guys from work, and we want to use all the sweet equipment here - and get hold of decent funding, and real famous actors and the like. Why not?

Of course, all of this means plenty of work and networking. Not that it's hard to meet famous and talented people in London. Anna and I recently went to a preview screening of Danny Boyle's new film Sunshine. It's terrific, and I got to meet the director and the lead, Cillian Murphy, afterwards. Hooray!

Then I went to a seminar at the New Producer's Alliance, where I met Ed Blum (director of rom-com Scenes of a Sexual Nature) and Dominic Minghella (lead writer and showrunner of the new Robin Hood series). Heady stuff!

In lighter news, we spotted this cheeky chap when we were looking for our new flat recently. We've signed the lease, and move in mid-April. He will be one of our neighbours!

What else? Last week, we had another brief drop in temperature (though you wouldn't know it today, which is sunny and warm!). This time we had a snowfall during the day. It didn't remain on the ground, but it was neat to watch...

Here's the view from my office window.