12 March 2008

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (HMV, Oxford Street) 03/03/08

James Chapman let me know that Nick Cave was playing an in-store gig at HMV, Oxford Street - just up the road from my work! This was the first time the band has played a gig like this. I wasn't sure whether to go - I was still tired from flying back to the UK, and to get in, one had to queue up first thing in the morning to get an entry bracelet for the gig that night. Nonetheless I found myself up early, and thought I'd try my luck. Success! Not too many people in the queue yet:

And it was well worth it. The band played a series of tracks from their new album - out that day - and they were all instantly accessible and a lot of fun. The band even did a signing afterwards, though the organisation was quite chaotic.


Setlist:
Dig!!!, Lazarus, Dig!!!
Midnight Man
We Call Upon The Author
Moonland
Night Of the Lotus Eaters
Lie Down Here (And Be My Girl)
More News From Nowhere
Accidents Will Happen

No comments: