12 March 2008

Birthday drinks at the Lord Stanley

I had a pretty lengthy birthday this year. After starting celebrations a little before my actual birthday, then crossing several time zones during the my birthday, Anna then surprised me with a birthday dinner at the local pub on our return to London. She'd managed to email most the people we know here, and lots of them came along!

It was a really lovely night, but unfortunately I had to spend half of it going and back and forth between the pub and home, because we had someone in to try and fix our hot water supply (which was off, along with our power, when we arried - the last thing you need after 36 hours on an airplane!). I even sneaked my dinner away from the pub and ate it at home!

All the same, it was lovely to see everyone and sink a couple of pints...

No comments: